Sunday, September 18, 2011

INSPIRATION


My friend Chris recently asked on Facebook what was inspiring to us. He meant, as artists or as regular folks, ya know, what really gets you going. I hesitated to comment because I always feel other's creativity gets me going and I always feel that's cheating. I'm not down on myself (anymore) and I've accepted and relished the fact I am a technician rather than as artist---and that is totally OK :-)

but sometimes when I'm tooling around the interweb's craft world I see something that makes my heart pound and today...I decided it is color. More specifically, combinations of colors. I have never been able to pick a "favorite color" (although if pressed I'd probably choose pink. Or green. Or that Robin's Egg Blue...crap). Instead I have always been enamoured with sets of colors. I know this cause I'd go in the Gap and see all the glorious sweaters on the table, all folded just so and I'd want one. But as soon as I held one up and removed it from the others...it didn't look as good. I longed for the pop it had with its knitted brothers and sisters left on the table. That being said I am not really a huge "rainbow" fan. But these...these potholders...these make my soul sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment