Sunday, April 1, 2012

Come Fly With Me

All I want to do in the whole world is dress up all Mad Men-like and fly somewhere BY MYSELF and drink cocktails and smoke.


Oh---and this will be my luggage...



Found this gem at the thrift store, natch.

So cute, little baby suitcase!

Couldn't believe my luck a week later to find this at another thrift store!

Wonderful condition. There's even a U.S. Customs sticker  from the Florida Everglades on the outside.


OK, Let's line this sucker. Just fabric and Mod Podge/water. About half water, half Mod Podge.  Do the bottom first. Paint the suitcase bottom with the Mod Podge mixture, set the fabric down in it and paint it with more Mod Podge, easing out any wrinkles, snipping curves as needed. It' the exact same method as for the baskets.
Then the sides. I left the vinyl hinge piece alone.

Same for the outside, and I'd use a knife to pull/tuck the edges down into the seam.

Sides next. It's super satisfying.

I didn't want to mess too much with the cosmetics case, it's just too gorgeous as it is. I only added some ribbon and a strip of fabric.


It will dry very rough. I gave the suitcase 3 coats of Varathane left over from the floor project. Inside and out. I'm all set. Jet-set some might say...









No comments:

Post a Comment