Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WhERe aRe YoU???



I haven't blogged in ages. Has it really been since April? Oy Vey. How did that happen?
It's not like I haven't been busy...
Here is one of my latest projects:
I bought this Gap vest at the thrift store for Fiona. I thought she might like to decorate it with her fabric pens.

She did. Then decided she didn't like it.

Expertly, I cut a scrap of denim and fit it in, sewed it down and she re-did her  decorations. Some tween shit I don't understand.

This is the "wrong" side of the patch. When Fiona got rid the vest once and for all, I took off the patch...

...and fitted in another patch of an all time favorite vintage sheet and a small rectangle of an Amy Butler print.






Cut some pieces to cover the pen doodles on the front. I got lazy and just top stitched them on. It made the pockets rather small, but who are we kidding? What am I going to keep in there?

I am super happy with the way it turned out.                                                                                                                         









No comments:

Post a Comment